Accreditation

St. John’s Seminary in California is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved:

Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry, Master of Arts

 

EDUCATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS

 

Master of Divinity

Graduates who completed their degrees in AYs 2012-2014 did so in an average of 4.5 years.  83% of these graduates are ordained Roman Catholic priests with assignments in their respective dioceses and religious orders.  The remaining 17% continue to be sponsored by their dioceses while in ministerial placements.

 

Master of Arts

Graduates who completed their degrees in AYs 2012-2014 did so in an average of 4.4 years, 85% of them while also completing the Master of Divinity degree.  54% are ordained Roman Catholic priests with assignments in their respective dioceses and religious orders.  31% are either teaching in Catholic institutions or on continuing formation toward ordination.

 

Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry

Graduates who completed their degrees in AYs 2012-2014 did so in an average 5.3 years, most as part-time students.  71% are actively engaged in church ministry.

ATS Contact Information

The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada 0 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275, USA

Telephone: 412-788-6505
Fax: 412-788-6510
Website: www.ats.edu

We are also accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

ACS WACS Contact Information

Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501

Telephone: 510-748-9001
Fax: 510-748-9797
Website: www.wascsenior.org/contact